Shrouded in myth and ritual, the origin of food is a treasure trove of enchantment, delight, and wellness. Each ingredient in the ancient healing foods of our ancestors was part of a sacred puzzle. Recipes were infused with prayer and gratitude which gave these foods an almost alchemical power. Food was not just food. Food was treated as medicine and celebrated as a means of divine connection.
In The Sacred Cookbook, you will learn how to make many of these recipes... from 32 cultures all over the world. Some will be familiar, some obscure, some associated with sacred ceremony, and most utilize ingredients that affect health and healing.
• 60 delicious time-tested healing recipes (including vegetarian/allergy friendly)
• Tips on which recipes to use for specific health conditions
• Health benefits of ingredients
• Where to purchase exotic or hard-to-find ingredients
• Beautiful full color photographs of this sacred cuisine
• An exploration into the mythology and ritual that underly these powerful foods
The book has—of course!—a recipe for hot drinking chocolate the old Maya way. And to get you started with experiencing some of the highest quality chocolate in the world, we're including three bars of bean-to-bar, direct trade dark chocolate from our partners:
Askinosie Chocolate—an established force in the craft chocolate world, they give back to the cacao farmers they work with directly in an amazing way… they not only pay a higher price than Fair Trade market levels, they share their profits with them. Read more about their practices here.
Firefly Chocolate—this small craft chocolate maker is just north of San Francisco, and works directly with cacao farmers in Central America. Their chocolate is completely vegan and uses coconut sugar instead of refined sugar.
Harper Macaw—a new chocolate company based in Washington DC that sources its cacao beans from farmers in Brazil, and reinvests in the conservation of the rainforest at/near those cacao groves. On top of that, they have some of the most stunning packaging you've ever seen.
The Cookbook & Bar gift set includes:
• The Sacred Cookbook ($29.95 value)
• Three bars of dark chocolate, one from each of our chocolate partners ($23.50 combined value)
Special bonus gifts
• The eBook of The Serpent and the Jaguar, a modern guide to the sacred Mayan Tzolkin calendar ($9.99 value)
• Themed screensavers for your desktop and wallpapers for your smartphone